[asterisk-dev] Developer Summit Topics

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Sun Oct 22 14:23:12 MST 2006

> Onto the real reason for this email though... what topics would you
> like to see discussed? It's a simple question with many answers and
> I'll let the thread blossom with responses :)

Unfortunately i won't be able to attend the Developer Meeting :-( ..
anyways i'd like you to consider the following topic for discussing on
the meeting:

Supplementary Service Support

This means adding a ressource to asterisk which knows about things like
Callback on Busy (or other Reasons), AOC, User Presence,
Hold/Unhold/Transfer and so forth.  I would suggest to make it possible
for channels to register at this ressource with it's capabilities, then
to provide structures which cover the specific Supplementary Service.

This ressource might handle a bunch of different channels and probably
even of not yet or not anymore existing channels.

Having such a generic ressource would help channels like zap, ss7,
(q.sig), mISDN, SIP, IAX to share the most common subset of
Supplementary Services or to make it possible to transport them across
VoIP with IAX for example.

--

Christian