[asterisk-dev] Re: https support now in trunk (please read)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Oct 22 08:09:46 MST 2006

In article <20061022051443.A71717 at xorpc.icir.org>,
Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> as the subject says...
>
> read below for the details - if someone autoconf expert
> can suggest how to do steps 0 1 2 i am all ears...
> I suppose step 0 and 1 just require
>
> 0.	AC_CHECK_FUNCS([funopen]) in configure.ac
> 1.	and check for HAVE_FUNOPEN instead of setting DO_SSL,
> 2.	adding $(SSL_LIB) to AST_LIBS in main/Makefile
>
> is that correct ?

As far as I can tell, funopen() is a BSD-only function. The three Linux
systems I have checked (FC1, FC3 and FC5) do not appear to have funopen()
at all.

Certainly https is potentially a useful feature, but its implementation
shouldn't depend on a largely non-Linux library function! Since the vast
majority of Asterisk systems are Linux.

I'd be wary of code being committed to SVN that had only been tested on
BSD, and not on Linux.

Cheers
Tony
--