[asterisk-dev] Memory leak issue

Chirag Vaishnav chirag_vaishnav at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 00:35:17 MST 2006

Thanks for Reply.

I have tried that one. I am using asterisk 1.4. 'show memory allocation' and
'show memory summry' will show memory that is allocated by ast_alloc only .
I mean the memory granted by asterisk for diferent purpose. And asterisk
free that memory. So problem is not there.

But it dosent show all memory used by asterisk. Like while i do 2000
concurrent calls 'show memory summry' shows around 130 MB is used. while
'top'  command shows that around 360 MB memory is used by asterisk.

When i hangup all calls , 'show memory summry' shows that all additional
memory is free ( shows the initial memory that is around 150 KB) while 'top'
shows that asterisk has consumed 200 MB memory. And this memory will free
when I re start asterisk.

I have atteched the files that shows SIPP settings. I have tried dialing
through asterisk also ( using dialing script through mamager interface)
results are same.

- Chirag

>Hi

>Can you try enabling astmm in Makefile? IIRC there's another way to  enable
>it in 1.4 if that's what you're using, but anyway. astmm will  give you
>'show memory allocations' and 'show memory summary' commands  to debug
>leaks.
>
>Also, can you please post the SIPP config of how to do this?

thanks

>roy

Discover. Explore. Connect-Windows Live Spaces. Check out!
http://www.msnspecials.in/windowslive/livespaces.asp