[asterisk-dev] Jitter Buffer

Martin Vít vit at lam.cz
Wed Oct 18 13:26:48 MST 2006

John Lange wrote:
> I'm trying to test the new jitter buffer in 1.4beta2 but have not been
> able tell if its working.
>
> In the general section of sip.conf I have the following:
>
> jbenable = yes
> jbforce = yes
> jbmaxsize = 200
> jbresyncthreshold = 1000
> jbimpl = adaptive
> jblog = yes
>
> Here is the topology:
>
> T1 PSTN <--> Asterisk 1.2 <-> Asterisk 1.4b2 <-> Sip Phone
>
> I'm trying to get the jb working between Asterisk 1.4b2 and the Sip
> Phone (which is a Linksys SPA942).

Sip phone has its own jitterbuffer. Dejjiterring is needed for T1
termination.
Also jbenable is not correct it is jb-enabled.

> No matter what I do I can not see any indication or logging that the JB
> is active.

it is logging to "/tmp/ast_%s_jb_%s--%s.log", jbimpl->name, name1,
name2" if jb-log = yes
> Can someone provide me with a brief explanation of how to monitor the jb
> or see if its active?
>
> Is there any documentation available?

This is user question and i think you shoud move to *-users list.
> Thanks,
>
> John

Martin Vít
LAM plus s.r.o.