[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Open File Limit

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Oct 18 11:08:57 MST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 09:31, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > I've written a patch, http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7499, that
> > allows setting this in asterisk.conf. It is, however, not included
> > in trunk/beta/something, but if we're lucky, someone might let it
> > through anyway. it doesn't change much, and it certainly doesn't
> > break anything, so IMHO it should be included.
>
> Well, technically, it is a new feature. I'm pretty sure that Trunk is
> in feature freeze mode.

1.4 has already been branched, and there is a new command in trunk
called, appropriately enough, ulimit, which will allow you to examine
and increase the limits appropriately, without restarting Asterisk.

> You mentioned that it also is set when you run "asterisk -r". While I
> cannot immediately see why that would be a problem, can you think of
> any situations where that would be detrimental?

If the system had subsequently set the limits higher, then resetting the
limit upon reconnect would suck.

--
Tilghman