[asterisk-dev] Memory leak issue

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Oct 18 06:21:31 MST 2006

Hi

Can you try enabling astmm in Makefile? IIRC there's another way to
enable it in 1.4 if that's what you're using, but anyway. astmm will
give you 'show memory allocations' and 'show memory summary' commands
to debug leaks.

Also, can you please post the SIPP config of how to do this?

thanks

roy

On 18. okt. 2006, at 09.03, Chirag Vaishnav wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> Sorry to disturb you again! As I have started load testing with
> Asterisk I am getting some problems so I am informing you guys
> about that.
>
> I am generating calls from SIPP client to another SIPP (which is
> excepting calls) through asterisk with call rate 100 calls/sec. I
> hangup calls after 5 second. So at any point of time asterisk has
> 500 concurrent calls. This process is going on..
>
> In this case the memory consumed should be stable. Like for 500
> calls it requires 15% memory then at any time it should be 15%
> only. But it keep increasing... so after some days it will consume
> your whole memory and you have to restart your asterisk.
>
> I have found that lot of people have same kind of problem and the
> only solution for them is to restart asterisk after some days.
> (depending upon size of memory) Is there any solution for this
> problem??
>
> when i hangup all the calls asterisk do not free all additional
> memory it has consumed for calls. Like when I start asterisk its
> memory status is 0.6% ( for 1 GB ram ) when i start doing calls
> after some time it reach to 8%. then I hangup all calls but the
> memory status is some where around 3% not the 0.6% and this ratio
> increase with time.
>
> -Chirag

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net