[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Open File Limit

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Wed Oct 18 02:39:06 MST 2006

On Tuesday, 17 בOctober 2006 23:09, Matt Florell wrote:
> ... The manpage for ulimit and almost everywhere I searched for
> information on ulimit in Linux 2.6 says it's depricated and not
> used anymore, ...
>  I just did a "ulimit -n 4096" then "ulimit -a"

I think you mixed two types ulimit:

 1. The ulimit(1) command is not deprecated at all -- Linux normally
    don't carry a separate man page for it since it's implemented as a
    built-in command in bash(1).
    Just search in bash info page and you'll see it live as ever.

 2. The library function ulimit(3) is indeed deprecated in glibc and
    its man page point you the the standard replacements --
    The system calls getrlimit(2) and setrlimit(2).

ICQ UIN: 16527398

Reality must take precedence over public relations, for Mother
Nature cannot be fooled.  -- R.P. Feynman