[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Open File Limit

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:09:51 MST 2006

Thanks,

ulimit was the problem. The manpage for ulimit and almost everywhere I
searched for information on ulimit in Linux 2.6 says it's depricated
and not used anymore, also it does not show any options. I eventually
found a Linux 2.0 ulimit manpage from 1998 that showed what the
options for ulimit really are and I was able to raise ulimit to 4096
and now no more too many file open errors.

 I just did a "ulimit -n 4096" then "ulimit -a" to check the settings
and everything is happy now.

Now I'm pushing 600 concurrent channels on this server through meetme
with 200-300 calls per minute(Dial and Hangup) with only the
occasional "Avoided deadlock for '0x871ef90', 10 retries" message.

Thanks,

MATT---