[asterisk-dev] Changes to SIP authentication

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Mon Oct 16 23:43:56 MST 2006

17 okt 2006 kl. 08.05 skrev Dinesh Nair:

> On 10/17/06 02:14 Olle E Johansson said the following:
>> I daringly removed proxy-authentication from Asterisk svn trunk
>> today. A SIP b2bua like
>> Asterisk should not issue a proxy auth, only www-auth. We are
>> never  ever a proxy,
>> only an useragent, a SIP endpoint.
>
> what revision number was this committed as ? i'd like to open up a
> bug on mantis with a patch for 1.2.x so this behaviour is
> consistent backwards.

Mantis is not for backports and we would have to close that bug
report as soon as you open it ;-)

The current behaviour does not break anything we know of, from
reading the bug reports. I don't
see the need for backporting it. It's just a matter of behaving
properly :-)

I don't want this to be implemented in 1.2 backports until we are
really sure that this does not
break anything. I am pretty sure nothing will happen, but other
people are worried. Please
make sure that we keep the release version untouched by testing
development code, even
if it's a backport.

/O