[asterisk-dev] bug or feature (use From: instead of Digest username to match INVITE) ?

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Oct 16 23:11:08 MST 2006

On 10/16/06 21:06 Tzafrir Cohen said the following:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 06:43:53AM -0500, Rich Adamson wrote:
>>Wouldn't the same approach work with sip3?
>

> IAX2 was technically a different protocol. That is: it used a different
> port number. However "chan_sip1" and chan_sip3 are both implementations
> of the same protocol, and expected to listen on the same port 5060.

my suggestion would to have two channel drivers, chan_sip.so and
chan_sip[23].so compiled and installed in modules, and then have a default
modules.conf entry which noloads the one under development/experimentation.
this way, novice users carry on with sip, while those testing/working with
the new sip implementation can noload chan_sip.so and load chan_sip3.so,
for example.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/