[asterisk-dev] Regarding SIP performance

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Mon Oct 16 23:12:54 MST 2006

> Ok let's forget about we can do it or not. Let me know  this issue
> is important for you or not.

This is an important issue for everyone, we're always trying to
improve performance and
optimize the way we handle things. For the threading part, I know
that Josh is working on
something based on discussion we had in Pisa earlier this year and
inspired by the
multithreading patch implemented in the IAX2 channel.

Something that is a concern to many of us is also the way we handle
the linked lists
internally in Asterisk. Some tests seems to indicate a lot of time
spent traversing
in-memory lists.

/O