[asterisk-dev] Regarding SIP direct media (new topic)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Oct 16 13:18:20 MST 2006

----- Johansson Olle E <olle at voop.com> wrote:
> As noted in the bug tracker - we need a SIP debug from Asterisk :-)

I think it's pretty clear that this is a bug, of sorts. We are offering codecs to the second endpoint based on our allow/disallow settings for that endpoint, but with the media sent directly to the first endpoint. This is bad.

As much as I hate to say it, I believe the method mentioned in the other thread is the solution... send the 'direct media INVITE' to the second endpoint, and if it responds with a final response that indicates a bad codec selection (can we rely on that?) re-send it with the entire list of codecs and no direct media path.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer