[asterisk-dev] Multi-homed host routing problems with IAX

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Oct 13 09:21:50 MST 2006

----- Stephan A. Edelman <sedelman at newace.com> wrote:
> I’ve looked through the code and do not see where Asterisk records the
> interface address on which a particular packet was received. It would
> make sense to me to record this so that a packet can be sent back from
> the same interface.

The appropriate socket file descriptor for each peer is stored in the peer's structure in memory.

> Please let me know if this is a known issue and if there is any
> development work on-going to address this. If not, I’m available to
> work on this.

It would have been better to report this on the bug tracker (since it's clearly a bug), but in any case I've just fixed it in all three branches. While placing the call to the peer we did not bother to use the sockfd that we had stored for that peer.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer