[asterisk-dev] Regarding SIP performance

Chirag Vaishnav chirag_vaishnav at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 04:24:18 MST 2006

Thanks. But I am looking for imrovement in code. Can we really do something
to make it able to handle more number of calls? If we can do that we can get
better performance on any machine. Like using sun spark you can fire 300
call/sec then you should be able to do much more.

May be asterisk gives low performance because it is made to create channel
between to different protocal and it handle RTP/RTCP also. If we think about
sip to sip and peer to peer only can we do something to improve performance.

I know there are softweres like OPEN SER to do so. but I have lot of reason
to use asterisk. So... help me. atleast give me some idea.

- Chirag