[asterisk-dev] SUBSCRIPTION for MWI support for multiple boxes

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:54:49 MST 2006

afaik SUBSCRIBE currently only works for a single MWI mailbox status.

I am modifying asterisk 1.4b2 source code to make a single SUBSCRIBE
work for multiple (all) voicemail boxes on the asterisk box. From what
I can see, all this boils down to is that when the MWI NOTIFY is sent
for *any* mailbox, the Call-ID on that NOTIFY is the same Call-ID of
the existing subscription.

It appears that when a NOTIFY is sent for a mailbox that is not part
of a subscription, then the Call-ID is some random_value at ip_number.

When a NOTIFY is sent for a mailbox that is part of a subscription,
then the Call-ID is subscription_call_id at ip_number.

The sections I am looking at right now are:

sip_send_mwi_to_peer()
transmit_notify_with_mwi()

I want to make sure that I am not putting in a hack , and that this
code work is done in a clean manner. Can someone point me in the right
direction on how I should approach this problem?