[asterisk-dev] Rate limiting traffic to address potential DoS issues?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 8 09:22:33 MST 2006

----- Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:
> Is this thread oriented towards one or both of those?

It's an open discussion :-)

Right now it appears we are going to focus on just being able to drop entirely bad signaling (missing data, requests for Call-IDs we don't know about, etc.), and not do it based on source IP because there's not really any value in doing so at this time. If someone can spoof IPs to get to you, they can just use dozens of spoofed IPs to get around that anyway.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer