[asterisk-dev] autoconf issues for FreeBSD

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Oct 7 06:25:12 MST 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 09:36:10AM -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> sure, now i know enough tricks to find out what i want - menuselect,
> grep the configure output for " ... no", check whether modules i
> want are built, etc.
>
> in the end it is just a matter of user-friendliness and
> convenience of use of a tool.

Well, make this a (separate?) output file. What you need is an input
file that will include @VAR_NAME@ for every varaible you want to output.
Maybe we can find a clever way of generating this file on-the-fly (from
the libraries search macro, e.g).

Seems like a useful direction?

What I don't like about menuselect, is that it includes information
autoconf should be aware of, and is not.

For instance: do we have a local copy of ilbc? of gsm? Do we have a
system copy of ilbc? of gsm? autoconf can tell of the system copies, and
menuselect of the local copies.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org