[asterisk-dev] Another bounty - app_reload

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Oct 6 08:19:43 MST 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 20:24, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> > I have wrote a very quick and dirty app_reload.c, but since the only
> > development box I have access to right this second is RH9 I cannot
> > compile svn trunk, thus I cannot test it.
> >
> I have backported this killer app to 1.2 and have uploaded it here:
> http://www.nufone.net/downloads/app_reload.c_1.2
>
> However, it doesn't seem to actually trigger the reload - Will need to
> ponder some more on this one.

Thanks for writing this Jeremy! This should solve a reload problem I am having
with a couple of boxes, although I tend to be moving more to a DB
implementation so I don't need to reload scripts, but thats another
discussion :)

Since I believe you are planning on disclaiming the code, could we get this in
svncommunity?

Kristian mentioned about wanting some prompts to be played when something
happened (reload successful or not, channel blocking, etc...). I think the
best thing to do would be to have channel variables set that could be parsed
to play the prompts as opposed to app_reload being responsible for this. That
way you have the power of the dialplan to parse on the return value, and
could utilize the dialplan to play back prompts in different languages,
etc... if that was the users intention.

I figure there is no need to make app_reload more complicated than it needs to
be.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com