[asterisk-dev] Re: SIP to IAX (Jeremy McNamara)

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Oct 5 13:30:36 MST 2006

On 10/5/06, John Lange <j.lange at epic.ca> wrote:

> Are the authors working on an updated book for 1.4?

I have it on good authority that the authors are planning a second edition
of the book, but it'll probably be closer to the 1.6 timeframe before it's
ready.  Writing a book about a constantly-changing piece of software like
Asterisk is a lot of work to say the least, and all three of the authors of
the O'Reilly book are currently very busy on other projects.  Even though
the authors get royalties on the books they sell, it doesn't really come
anywhere close to paying for the time and effort spent writing and rewriting
and researching to make the book a success.

FYI, there's still work being done as part of the Asterisk Documentation
Project, although a lot of it is going on behind the scenes.  I encourage
you to help out by joining the mailing list and help us out.

-Jared