[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 2.0 -- any roadmap?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Oct 5 08:19:57 MST 2006

Well, I'm having fun sitting on the Group W bench here, watching the
developers go by.  And I'm wondering, as I often do: what's next?

The number one item on my list is: why are functions linked in as
shared object libraries?  was the idea of doing that level of internals
code as scripts considered and rejected?  Or did it just never occur?

It would seem to be much cleaner to implement advanced functionality
through the Function interface than the AGI one, from the things I've
read, but I wonder if compiled C is the best strategic environment for
that work -- if nothing else, it's hard to sandbox.  When we get
popular, someone will *eventually* slip a subtle backdoor into an
extension that lots of people just compile (or worse, just load)
without looking at it...

Or maybe it's just that I've always been a Forth junkie.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_