[asterisk-dev] autoconf issues for FreeBSD

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Oct 4 15:45:36 MST 2006

----- Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> I am pretty sure that the code below (which was my patch at the time)
> is NOT a proper fix - i would expect autoconf to deal with platform
> issues without having us deal with them on each and every port.

It really does seem odd that /usr/local/ would be the default prefix
where things are installed on FreeBSD, yet it is not one of the default
paths that the compiler and linker on the same system would look.  If
that were the case, none of this would be a problem.

> On the other hand, i am no autoconf expert so i don't have better ideas,
> so unless someone steps in with a better solution i'd be inclined to
> put it back into SVN.

I'm not aware of any better solution.  I also do not think that it was
removed intentionally.  My suggestion would be to go ahead and commit
the patch you have proposed.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer