[asterisk-dev] How to reject calls

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Tue Oct 3 03:24:34 MST 2006

>Say you have a list of unwanted incoming numbers, that you want to block from
>your ISDN bus. How can you do that with Asterisk, unless you implement
>AST_CONTROL_REJECT as a response to incoming calls. Currently you can only
>"Hangup" incoming calls, but like that is implemented in "chan_capi", it does
>not "Reject" the call. So I am just saying: Why is there no
>"AST_CONTROL_REJECT". Maybe implementing this needs a counterpart in the
>dialplan: "exten => ...., Reject". And to be backwards compatible, will
>fallback to "Hangup" if not implemented by the channel driver.

OK i see what you want to do. You don't want to send a
AST_CONTROL_REJECT, but you want to send a AST_CONTROL_HANGUP with the
hangup cause 15 which leads to a RELEASE_COMPLETE with reject cause on
the A - side.

In ISDN you don't have something like DISCONNECT_REJECT and
DISCONNET_NORMAL, but instead you use the disconnect cause to specifiy
why you want to stop the call.

Christian