[asterisk-dev] How to stream audio to external app forspeech recognition and recognize dtmf in parallel ?

Robert Rozman robert.rozman at comutel.si
Mon Oct 2 04:03:35 MST 2006

Hi,

we're writting interface module for our speech recognition system. We would
like to export stream of audio samples to external app, but to preserve dtmf
recognition and dialplan progress.

I wonder if recording application would be a good start for that (recording
application obviously streams audio and makes recording out of it in
parallel)

We're also interested in best way to report speech recognition results
back....

Best way would be to be able to call extension in dialplan, for instance :

1, DTMF "1"
2, DTMF "2"

support, spoken word "support"
sales, spoken word "sales"

------

but also putting results in variable would be probably fine....

Any advice how to develope such scenario ? What is the best module code to
start with ? Any similar solutions ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.