[asterisk-dev] Best practice requested

Mitch Sharp MSharp at BIGNetworks.com
Mon Oct 2 17:14:29 MST 2006

I can see how that would work well.  I am also using this as an
opportunity to further my knowledge about asterisk internals and
developing applications for it, so any programming advice would be
great!

Mitch Sharp

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy
McNamara
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 6:58 PM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] Best practice requested

Mitch Sharp wrote:
> My question is, once the conference room has been created, what is the

> best practice method to unbridge SIP/101 and Zap/1 in order to then
> move them into the conference room.

Why not use a conference for every call? This way the manager can come
in and out whenever they needed.   If you set the dialplan up properly
the manager could come in muted, then un-mute at any time to take over
the call.

We have used this approach in many situations with great success.

Jeremy McNamara