[asterisk-dev] SIP ghost calls

Thu Nov 30 12:14:26 MST 2006

On Thu, November 30, 2006 18:49, Hans Petter Selasky said:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 18:03, Zoa wrote:
>> Google for rtptimeout
>>
>> Zoa
>
> Yes, I found "rtptimeout" and "rtpholdtimeout". But I think "qualify" is
> more
> interesting.

qualify does not help you. What if the phone crashes and reboots. Then
qualify would succeed, as the phone has rebooted.

rtptimeout is IMO the best solution. SIP phones should send RTP packets at
regular intervals, e.g. every 30 seconds.

Of course this does not work if the RTP stream is directly between two SIP
clients. In this case you can use session timer.

Another solution would be to not implement the whole session timer thing,
but only a configurable reINVITE timer. E.g. in sip.conf:
keepalivereinvite=600

which cause Asterisk  to send reINVITE (with the same SDP as before). If
the reINVITE fails, the call will be terminated.

regards
klaus