[asterisk-dev] SIP ghost calls

Volkov Alexei kot at kotzone.ru
Thu Nov 30 10:09:46 MST 2006

Hi Hans Petter!

First of all you do not will pay for unconnected call.
If someone answer your ghost call, i think it disconnect quickly for two
reasons
    INVITE not confirmed
    empty RTP stream for some predefined time (3 min by default) leads
to call disconnect.

And last, but not least, try to use qualify=3000 in sip friend. It makes
asterisk to peroidicaly ping sip endpoint to track the reachability.
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with a new SIP phone connected to Asterisk 1.2.13. I am
> performing some tests, and one of them is the "cable unplug" test.
>
> During a call I unplugged the ethernet cable, and to my surprise, the call was
> not disconnected. Even after 20 minutes. This is very bad!
>
> Can anyone explain why Asterisk does not ping the SIP phone regularly, and if
> there is no reply, disconnect all associated calls?
>
> Just imagine what happens if two persons call eachother, using SIP phones over
> the PSTN network, and both disconnect their phones. Who is going to pay for
> the ghost call, which might last forever?
>
> --HPS

С уважением,
Волков Алексей