[asterisk-dev] More T38 questions/fixes

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Thu Nov 23 03:02:15 MST 2006

22 nov 2006 kl. 20.57 skrev Dan Austin:

> A bug reporter no Mantis noticed that T38 would not work
> for a peer unless support was enabled in both the general
> and iser/peer section of the config.

It's the same as video. We will have to add a comment to this in the
configuration file, like I did with video. You need to enable it
globally
and disable it for those peers that don't want support.

To change this, we need an architecture change that I think
won't happen in 1.4.

> While digging through
> the way flags are set/checked/copied I noticed this in
> sip_alloc():
>
> if (ast_test_flag(&p->flags[1], SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT))
>    p->udptl = ast_udptl_new_with_bindaddr(sched, io, 0,
> bindaddr.sin_addr);
>
> Support for RTP and TCP passthrough of T38 is not complete, but
> won't the code above always setup T38 on UDPTL if any T38 passthrough
> options are set?

Yes, but if it's disabled for a peer/user, we will not allocate the
udptl
socket. Exactly as video.

/O