[asterisk-dev] understanding ast_codec_get_samples for AMR

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 21 11:06:02 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 17:10 +0000, Ian Hailey wrote:
> I am assuming that the function is called once per speech frame (i.e.
> per time perios e.g. 20ms for GSM, AMR etc.)

You are assuming that we will always have only 20ms packets then. There
have been people here talking about wanting to have 30 or 40 ms packets
or whatever. So you can't always assume the you will be getting the same
thing. I am sure there are scenarios out there where the number may
change as the call progresses. Maybe something along the lines of a
transfer changing negotiated codecs or packet lengths.