[asterisk-dev] Adding AMR codec

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Nov 20 15:11:12 MST 2006

Ian> I need to and some rudimentory AMR codec support to Asterisk, does
Ian> anyone know if there material or documentation available that might
Ian> ease the process?

Ian> This codec produces variable length packets making it a bit more
Ian> difficult to add.

Speex is probably closest in concept to the amr codec family, in that
it also has multiple sub-codecs.  I'd start looking at codec_speex.c.

You'll also of course need to #define AST_FORMAT_AMR in frame.h.

I'm not sure whether any of the chan_foo.c files will need
modification to be able to negotiate the new codec.

-JimC