[asterisk-dev] RFC: internal CLI changes

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Nov 19 01:53:13 MST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 03:20:33PM -0800, Bob Atkins wrote:

> Please let me 2nd, 3rd and 4th this request and add an emphatic
> /please!/ Such a change would result in a /_much_/ more efficienct CLI
> that functions in much the same way that Cisco's IOS CLI works and that
> many of us in the business are already very accustomed to.

We had this discussion before. I'l just note that I agree with one of
your assertions: this will result in a CLI that is more similar to the
one of Cisco. However it will be a more confusing one for those who are
not CLI masters.

The current shell makes it easy to discover commands.

BTW: what would you gain by saving tab presses? The con is that you
can't easily be sure that the complition is the only one. So for
efficient typing, just use tab-space instead of space and type as
usual. Don't wait for the tab completion.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com