[asterisk-dev] Asterisk -> Mobile Phone quality issues

Stephane PAQUET stpaquet at free.fr
Sat Nov 18 12:09:07 MST 2006

Hi,

I¹d like to know if some of you are experiencing the same problem when
calling cell phones using ISDN networks ?

Here is what I have:
    Asterisk running on Linux
    Polycom IP 301 SIP Phones
    one 4 ports analog card (no quality issue when dialing from this card)
    one Wildcard TE210P configured to use E1 (clock is provided by my telco)

Parameters: I put highest quality where ever it was possible (including on
the phones)

All this is connected to a VMUX 2100 (RAD) compressing voice to 6.4k and
sent to my Telco where I have a PRI ISDN and then calls go where they have
to.

When dialing fix phones: no problem reported. Voice is very good and stable.
When dialing cell phones: voice can be pretty strange and in 99,9% of the
case we have a clear hearing of the other party (the one using the cell
phone), but the guy on the other side as blank in words, voice becoming
robot like and other strange things. Should it happen from time to time I
would have consider this as a cell phone network issue, but I have this on
all calls...

Somebody has an idea ?

Thx,
SP