[asterisk-dev] file: branch 1.2 r47711 - /branches/1.2/channels/chan_local.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Nov 17 11:44:18 MST 2006

Nic Bellamy wrote:
> A quick look shows chan->tech_pvt being used without checking if it's
> null by other channel drivers too; chan_zap.c's zt_fixup() for instance.
> Would it be a good idea to check it and bail out if it's null in those
> places also?

I think we may be going about this the wrong way. Given that I can't
imagine a channel driver that would work _without_ attaching a private
structure to the channel, we may just be better off to put these checks
into the code that is calling the tech driver, rather than modifying
each channel tech driver.