[asterisk-dev] comments on this one ? (macros for parsing config file ?)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Nov 15 11:44:19 MST 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:32, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > I think they make this part of the code a lot more readable and
> > consistent and less error prone, especially because we can do the
> > same parsing on fields of the same type.

While it certainly makes the code smaller, I don't find it easier to
read, nor do I think it's less error-prone.  I think it's actually more
error prone, as it's difficult to read what the code is actually doing.
The problem is that this translation to macros makes the code
cryptic.  I'd almost compare it to using macros for the sake of using
macros, not for any legitimate benefit.

--
Tilghman