[asterisk-dev] ISDN gurus - getting isdn call progress ??

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Wed Nov 15 10:32:39 MST 2006

> IIRC, ACM maps directly to ISDN Proceeding, so that might be a way to
> do it.  If you receive a proceeding message, you could consider it
> valid.  Though I'm not absolutely sure that that would be a qualifier
> for a valid number.
a proceeding is no must. The  alerting or even the connect message might
come directly after trying to establish a call with a setup...

you can send a setup with a different Bearer capability then speech e.g.
video or data, then the phone won't (typically) ring and you might  get
a Setup Acknowledge or proceeding message.