[asterisk-dev] RE: SIP Peer matching on Inbound calls

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:10:23 MST 2006

> I'm having a strage problem related to the way Asterisk is matching
> SIP peers on inbound calls to DIDs (not REGISTERed extensions).  I

I just had this same issue as well, drove me crazy.  I have a different
setup but found that asterisk translates the CID number to a User on an
inbound SIP call, then searches for that User context to authenticate the
call.

I would very much like to know why this is happening, if it is normal to do
this and how this behavior can be modified.

JR