[asterisk-dev] Release schedule ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Fri Nov 10 05:38:03 MST 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:20:36PM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> >> I also suggest postponing any discussion about release procedures and
> >> stick to what we have and focus on the bug tracker.
> >
> > and that was the first part (and the subject) of my mail.
> >
> > 	Is there a release schedule at all ?
>
> We are many months behind the schedule, so I think the current
> schedule is "when we have fixed all known and fixable bugs".
> Let's focus on the bug tracker, all of us. Now.

ok that's not a schedule.

you are welcome to consider this discussion a waste of time,
but it is a commonly accepted concept that in order to make
things happen, there need to be reasonable and achievable deadlines,
so that there is a chance that people may convince themselves
(as that's the only way in a volunteer project) to address it.

"now" is not reasonable - too early.
"when we have fixed all known and fixable bugs" is not achievable;
the list grows with time.

	cheers
	luigi