[asterisk-dev] Release schedule ?

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Fri Nov 10 04:59:01 MST 2006

>  - lift the 'no new features' ban for 1.4.1, so developers could
> backport
>    fixes and backward-compatible features from trunk without wasting
>    the extra time to remove the 'new features' part (something that
>    could discourage even trying to backport the fixes);
We never add new functionality to a released version. We haven't added
new features to 1.2 since the release and I suggest we totally stay
away from adding features to 1.4 during the time it is the "current
release".

Adding features has been proved to add new bugs. The reason why
we separated development and release was just to keep new
features away from the release code.

I also suggest postponing any discussion about release procedures and
stick to what we have and focus on the bug tracker.

/O