[asterisk-dev] Application for streaming a live audio

Steven critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 8 22:52:44 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 09:19 +0530, anuroop.r at aricent.com wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am studying/using  Asterisk PBX for understanding how service
> (applications) can be implemented on a PBX.
>
> I am planning to develop a service which does the following.
> There are web servers which provides live audio/video source ( For
> example cricket commentary, music etc).
> When a particular extension is dialled, then user should be able to
> hear the live running audio.
> Currently i am looking to implement the same for Softphones (SIP
> interface).
>
> Let me know, if anybody has worked on the same. I need some info/tips
> as to how to go about it.

Hmm, we have had that for some time. Used to be the mp3 player was
mpg123 and it could access a URL for the audio.

Please read up on current features before asking questions. Good chance
the brilliant(not sarcastic) people here have thought of it before. Many
would have been implemented already for the needs many have had already.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>