[asterisk-dev] configuration of chan_zap

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 8 10:01:15 MST 2006

Hi

What do we want to see in the configuration of chan_zap?

If we want to configure it just like any other channel type.

So for starters, let's consider the standard configuration format: one
section per object.

What objects do we have here?

* Analog channels
* Groups of analog channels
* Digital channels
* Digital spans
* Span groups (I don't know those well enough).

If we consider analopg channels or groups of them as objects, the model
works well.

As for digital channels and digital spans: I don't know this well
enough.

As it seems that this will require breaking the format, let's just call
the new format, should it be required, zap.conf.

What I'm asking myself is how to remove the current limitation on the
reload function of chan_zap: that there won't be substatial
configuration changes. That is: no channels are added/removed or having
their signalling changed.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org