[asterisk-dev] Why -lnsl in IKSEMEL_LIB ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 8 08:46:39 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> well, the thing is, on FreeBSD at least libnsl does not exist so
> putting it in the loader flags breaks the build.
> The same may happen for other platforms.
> i would suggest to remove these extra libs (except for gnutls, but probably it
> is already there after detecting gnutls) and let autoconf handle the dependency.

autoconf doesn't 'handle dependencies' on its own; it does only what we
tell it to do.

I'll ping Matt today to figure out whether we really need this at all on
Linux, although yesterday he told me he's very, very close to having the
new version of iksemel ready that uses OpenSSL and this would be a moot
point anyway.