[asterisk-dev] Clearing pick-up groups on Zap/ channels

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 7 11:36:42 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> However, suggestion like that make it obvious that the configuration of
> chan_zap needs revision. It is impossible to automatically edit that file
> because every change has side effects.

It's really far past time for us to come up with a sensible way to re-do
zapata.conf in a more manageable way. Now that we have simple templates
in pbx_config, I suspect that the entire reason for the 'inheritance'
stuff in zapata.conf is no longer an issue.

If someone out there wants to put together a proposal (description,
sample new config file, etc.) for us to review, I'd expect many, many
people would be happy to help getting the code changed to do it the
'right' way :-)