[asterisk-dev] repost: fixes to zaptel makefile

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 7 11:33:11 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Would you rather that xpp/ would provide a dummy 2.4 Makefile (using the
> same technique as in wct4xxp/ and thus the build of .4 would just
> recursively travese all the MOD_DIRS ?

Whatever is safest and simplest for now, yes. Continuing to support 2.4
kernels is becoming a bit of a pain, but we can't give up quite yet...
although personally I'd be ok with changing Zaptel _trunk_ (not 1.4) to
remove all kernel 2.4 support, as by the time we are ready for 1.6 (next
summer, probably), it's doubtful very many people will care about 2.4
kernel support.

> Well, is there anything broken from my suggested change? It does make
> things look more readable.

You need to ensure that any existing applications linked against the
shared library still work properly after installing the
differently-named version (that does not have the soname inside it set
specially). If they do, then your change is safe.