[asterisk-dev] Re: [svn-commits] kpfleming: trunk r47257 - /trunk/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 7 11:29:06 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> But one question of my own: there are several tags that have an external
> which points to http://svn.digium.com/svn/menuselect/branches/1.0 . Is
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/menuselect/branches/1.0 a frosen tag-like
> branch, or is it subject to changes?

It is subject to changes, but only minor ones (bugfixes and the like).

I have a task on my to-do list now to figure out how make our release
script modify the 'svn:externals' properties when we make tagged
releases so that future checkouts of the project (Asterisk, Zaptel,
etc.) from that tag will produce the exact copy of menuselect/mxml that
was included at that time. I have a plan for how to do this, just
haven't tested it yet. The fact that we are using multiple levels of
svn:externals (Asterisk -> menuselect -> mxml) makes this non-trivial :-)