[asterisk-dev] <huge>aclocal.m4</huge> ???

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Nov 7 09:50:25 MST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 08:00:22AM -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 08:57 +0200, Oron Peled wrote:
> >
> > Another related issue is the total mix of 3 build systems in one
> > Makefile (user-space, kernel-2.6, kernel-2.4) which makes it
> > a maintenance hell. I want to reiterate Tzafrir's previous
> > suggestion about separating user-space and kernel:
>
> Both Tzafrir and I have made attempts at doing the separation, but it
> was too difficult to keep the branch we were working on current with all
> of the changes introduced by other developers.  Plus it was difficult
> for me at least to test compiling with 2.4 since I don't have a build
> environment for 2.4 anymore (and I really don't care to go to the
> trouble).
>
> You can probably still find remnants in a SVN branch somewhere.

Well, we tried that on May, when everybody started trying to stablize
the codebase. Now (or after the release of 1.4) is breaking season ;-)
Shall I re-open the branch under zaptel/team/ after 1.4 is released?

And besides, Zaptel isn't really that much of a moving target. If
svnmerge and such are not good enough, manual sync will do.

Debian Sarge in a chroot can provide you with a build environment for
2.4, if you really want. debootstrap is your friend:
http://www.us.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/apcs04.html.en .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org