[asterisk-dev] MeetMe and silence suppression

ISAC Flavius flavius.isac at c-s.fr
Tue Nov 7 00:50:25 MST 2006

Consider that:

- n IP phones are participating to a MeetMe conference room
- the silence suppression is supported by the IP phones
- nobody is talking (or they are ALL muted); no RTP audio is sent by the
phones;

What happens is app_meetme sends "silence" to all those participants,
even though nobody is generating any. This means you have n*50 packets
per second transiting the network for nothing (considering 20ms packets).
Could you pleast tell me if there is/was any effort in this direction,
so I don't re-invent the wheel? Thank you in advance.

Flavius.