[asterisk-dev] IAX2 still broken

Loic DIDELOT ldidelot at voipgate.com
Mon Nov 6 17:18:27 MST 2006

Hi guys,
I have been in contact with Digium last week and provided access to our
servers etc.... The latest commits to 1.4 really remove the deadlock.

Now there is another bug. After some IAX registrations, asterisk will
crash. It does not matter if you use odbc or mysql. The solution is to
set "rtcachefriends" to "no" in iax.conf. Doing this my box runs totaly
stable. Most of our traffic is IAX. Ok, I admin that disabling the local
cache brings up some other problems which are far more complicated to
explain and which do not result in a nice core dump.

This tool is really good to test IAX. Most of the problems we noticed
are linked to registrations.
http://www.astertest.com/downloads/iax_mass_authorization.tgz

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.