[asterisk-dev] Why -lnsl in IKSEMEL_LIB ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Mon Nov 6 14:58:11 MST 2006

we have this block in configure.ac:

	AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([IKSEMEL], [iksemel], [iks_start_sasl], [iksemel.h])

	if test "${PBX_IKSEMEL}" = 1; then
	   AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([GNUTLS], [gnutls], [gnutls_bye])
	   if test "${PBX_GNUTLS}" = 1; then
	       IKSEMEL_LIB="${IKSEMEL_LIB} -lgnutls -lz -lgcrypt -lnsl -lgpg-error"
	   fi
	fi

now, -lnsl doesn't seem to be necessary on FreeBSD (in fact it is
problematic because the library is not there). Furthermore,
the checks for IKSEMEL and GNUTLS just a few lines above succeed without
additional libraries, so i wonder why we need to add

	 -lz -lgcrypt -lnsl -lgpg-error

there. Unfortunately i dont have access to a suitable linux box
(with iksemel and gnutls installed). so could someone either
explain why we need them or whether the thing (i suppose it is
for gtalk/jabber support) works well even without or more of them ?

	cheers
	luigi