[asterisk-dev] <huge>aclocal.m4</huge> ???

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Nov 6 14:16:45 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> after this commit acloca.m4e went up from one line to over 6200:
>
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/trunk/aclocal.m4?rev=46846&view=log
>
> surely there must be a more compact way to figure out whether we
> are using gnu-ld or something else ?

This macro is what GNU libtool uses; we don't have any reason to suspect
that they don't know what they are doing.

However, it appears that using macro brought in _all_ of the
libtool-related macros. Probably we can just copy AC_PROG_LD_GNU and its
sub-macros directly into acinclude.m4 instead, and not bring in all the
other libtool stuff.