[asterisk-dev] setting the q.931 "reason for redirecting"?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Nov 6 10:36:06 MST 2006

>> how can I set the "reason for redirecting" as defined in Q.931
>> 4.6.7 Redirecting number? While redirecting some calls, telco says
>> "you need to set reason for redirecting to 0 0 1 0    Call
>> forwarding no reply. I can find code related to this in libpri,
>> but no app to interface with this in asterisk. The SetCallerPres
>> touches the PRI SETUP element, but AFAICS it can't set this.
>
> not sure if i got everything right, try :
>
> SET (PRI_CAUSE=22)
> HANGUP()
>
> in asterisk src dir is a file countaining the pri couses
>
> grep for _ASTERISK_CAUSES_H

#define AST_CAUSE_NUMBER_CHANGED                        22

That won't do any good. Indicating a number change and diverting a
call isn't really the same thing. I'm trying to divert a call, and
signal correctly to the switch why I'm doing this, so hanging it up
will sort of break this.

> BTW ist's a asterisk-user question and not a -dev!!

Perhaps my initial question was just a -dev question, but not a
question about anything documented anywhere apart from in the code.
My answer to my own question is more of a -dev question, though.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net