[asterisk-dev] repost: fixes to zaptel makefile

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Nov 4 10:44:45 MST 2006

Hi

[Still waiting for input on the following]

Below are some fixes from my branch zaptel/team/makefile . So far they
seem to have recieved no feedback, so I'll describe them here.

Basically I have a series of small fixes. Each diff here is a standalone
fix.

rev 1430:

* 'make all' should not depend on the menuselect target.
* menuselect should be run manually: (to allow running it more than
* once).
  Thus renaming the target to "menuconfig" (a phony target).
* make should not run configure on its own:
  - Allow passing CFLAGS and other vars to ./configure .
  - Allow passing custom arguments to ./configure .

I used the name "menuconfig" because people know it from the kernel. But
"menuselect" would also be fine.

The diff change itself is rather trivial:

http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel?rev=1430&view=rev

rev 1434:

One simple source for the list of modules to build: MOD_LIST
* A simple name: a module in the current directory
* A name that ends with '/': a subdirectory. So far only
  works for kernel 2.6

This simplifies the selection of modules to build: If they end with "/"
it's a subdirectory to step into. If not: a module to build. Those are
the conventions of Kbuild. It gets rid of all the special rules for xpp
and wct4xxp .

I still have not handled the case for kernel 2.4, but this should
simplify their handling, as you have the list of subdirs.

Yes. This means that you don't need to install wct4xxp if you did not
select it in the menu. Hooray. Same for xpp.

http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel?rev=1434&view=rev

rev 1462: takes a stab at simplifying the name of libtonezone .

http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel?rev=1462&view=rev

Could anybody explain to me why is it overly-complex?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com